Drink Driving Lawyer - Parramatta
What Being Charged with a Driving Offence Means
Home / What Being Charged with a Driving Offence Means
What is a driving offence?
You may be charged with a driving offence if you are presumed to have broken the law when driving or in a vehicle.
Our experienced Parramatta traffic lawyers as well adept at defending driving charges, including but not limited to:
- Drink driving including low range, mid-range and high range concentration
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Exceeding the speed limit
- Driving whilst disqualified, suspended or without a license
- Refusing to undergo a breath test or breath analysis
- Negligent driving
- License appeals due to speeding or loss of demerit points
- Failing to stop and assist
What are defences to a driving offence charge?
On a case-by-case basis, our Parramatta traffic lawyers at The Australia Legal Practice may be able to defend a driving offence charge if:
- Necessity – It can be proved your actions were in necessity to prevent an ensuing greater harm. For instance, an emergency.
- Duress – The threats of another party forced you to drive in a certain way, equating to duress.
- Reasonable effort – You made reasonable efforts to avoid committing the offence.
- Accident – The driving offence resulted from an accident, and you did not intend to commit the offence.
Options when charged with a driving offence in Parramatta
Subject to your circumstances, you may choose either to:
- Plead guilty – Admit to committing the offence and breaking the law
- Plead not guilty – Deny committing the offence and breaking the law
If you decide to plead not guilty, our experienced Parramatta traffic lawyers will vehemently protect your rights so that you get the best possible defence.
The best way to get off a driving offence is to contact our experienced Parramatta traffic lawyers. Our solicitors at The Australian Legal Practice have extensive experience and specialise in driving charges. We provide tailored advice and are armed with the right knowledge to fight your case.
Call (02) 8084 9929 today to arrange a free initial consultation with a Parramatta traffic lawyer.
Make a booking to arrange a free consult today.